3 - How to start a video call with SnapCall "Stream" on Messaging
We're excited to introduce a new SnapCall experience, enabling voice, video calls, and screen sharing inside Zendesk Chat, Messaging, and Sunshine Conversations. 🚀
This "Stream" version of our application on Zendesk introduces some major differences in the use you can make of our app. For example, multipart calls, multi-devices calls, and all of this with a brand new shape!
Let's have a look at this awesome new experience on the agent side!! 🔭
1. First of all, go on your Zendesk workspace (please remind that following the recommendations of this article, Agent Workspace provides a better experience)
2. As soon as you have a new request, accept it in order to send the calling card to the customer.
PS: check our article on how to route automatically the calls with the bot of Messaging!
3. Once you're in an active conversation with a customer and you want to offer the call, click on the SnapCall icon in the Messaging field.
4. Once the calling card is sent to the customer, you have a confirmation message (1) and the calls interface opens itself, waiting for the customer to join (2)
5. You can enable your own video by clicking on the "Video icon" (1) and you'll appear on the main display while the customer is not on the call yet (2)
6. Once the customer joins the call, you can still see yourself in the little live return (green square) while the customer appears on the main one (red square)
7. One of the new features of this V2 is the full-screen call. To enable it, click on "Menu" (1) and then on "Open new tab" (2). The call will open on a new tab and take the full screen.
8. Once this new page opened, the customer is on the main display (1) and you're still on the live return side (2)
9. To use the screen-sharing, click on the "Screen-sharing" button (1), the screen-sharing option is displayed (2), then choose what you want to screen-share - full screen, specific window, specific tab - to the customer (3). Finally, click on the "Share" button (4)
10. Screen-sharing is enabled. The content is on the main display (1), and the customer is on the side (2)
11. When you quit the call, you have a "You left the call" message (1). If it was by mistake or if you need to get back to the call, click on the "Go back to call" button (2)
12. At the end of the call, you can write a follow-up message to your customer as the conversation is still active. It can be useful to send technical information mentioned during the call or send another calling card if needed.
Do you have any questions? Want to share some feedback? We're more than happy to discuss this with you. Drop us a message via email@example.com and we'll get back to you soon! 💌