3 - Installing with Google Tag Manager
What is Google Tag Manager?
Using Google Tag Manager on your website allows a way easier customization of your code. GTM enables you to easily add plugins and add-ons to your website, without adjusting the source code each time.
Installing SnapCall with GTM is especially beneficial because using GTM's Triggers feature enables you to choose when the digital call button is displayed. You get to choose the right moment, for example, when a customer has clicked on a specific page of your website, spent a specified amount of time on one page, etc.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to install SnapCall digital call button on your website and add button visibility filters via Google Tag Manager. 👇
1. Go to your SnapCall dashboard.
2. Click on the button you want to display on your website.
4. Go to your Google Tag Manager account and click on Tags.
5. Create a new Tag.
6. In the Tag Configuration section, select Custom HTML.
8. In the Triggering section, you can create a new trigger for the call button to be displayed on particular pages of your website or for customers meeting your specified criteria only. Remember, you can add button visibility filters directly from the dashboard as well.
9. Make sure to save your changes. Once you make changes on Google Tag Manager, an admin of your account has to press the Submit button for the button to appear on your website.
10. The last step is to press the Publish button. Please now go to your website and check if you see the SnapCall button there. 😉
Now you’re set to go 🚀you can customize when to trigger your SnapCall button depending on your business criteria thanks to GTM.
Do you have any questions? Want to share some feedback? We're more than happy to discuss this with you. Drop us a message via email@example.com and we'll get back to you soon! 💌